At Allianz Global Investors, Information Technology plays a major role in enabling business growth. We are committed to delivering numerous change initiatives in order to transform the way we work while at the same time ensuring performance and stability. Our people are always our most important asset.
The Investment Infrastructure Program Team is involved in strategic projects to develop technology to improve the asset management processes, from front office investment selection and portfolio development to data exchange between trading, compliance and administration functions, monitoring platforms and data warehouses that provide common access to information for analysis and reporting.
As an Intern in Investment Infrastructure Program Team, you help complete a Private Markets Data Architecture Review project to create analytics and visualisations of the business processes carried out by private markets investment teams and their support functions along with data flows and system interfaces. The goal is to provide insights into process standardisation and automation through technology.
You will work with business analysts to define and validate process models and gather data from existing documents and interactions with members of approximately 14 product teams located in Europe, the UK and the USA. The data collected will feed visualisations which you will help refine along with a technical analyst in the team.
In addition to learning asset management process from the front office to the back office and private debt, private equity and alternative investments terminology, you will benefit from an international business surrounding giving you the opportunity to learn how global teams function and a standardized training plan including functional and organizational topics as well as social skills.
- Work closely with experienced business analysts to build a high-level operating model and terminology for the private market asset management process
- Facilitate meetings to validate the model and terminology with business teams and support functions
- Review existing documentation and carry out interviews to create user stories of detailed tasks in each process step and document in a data matrix.
- Work with technical analyst to ensure sufficient information is collected in data matrices to feed analytics and provide insights into improving or standardising the operations in the business teams
- Periodically present results for feedback and provide suggestion to improve the approach
- Proactively extend knowledge and skills by learning from peers, your manager and via AllianzGI learning offerings
- Become fluent in the private market asset management process terminology
- You are currently enrolled as Bachelor or Master student and pursue your studies in business, economics, finance, informatics, mathematics, psychology or equivalent
- First working experience via internships or working student jobs in the financial industry or IT
- First experience of working in projects is highly appreciated
- Genuine interest in Asset Management industry, Organisational Design, or Information Technology
- Excellent analytical skills
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Open, flexible and curious mind-set that embraces change
- Excellent command of MS Office
- Business fluent in English
- Available for at least 6 months