Do you like to work with modern networking concepts in close collaboration with the application domain and want to make a real difference? Then we are looking for you! WEB.DE and GMX are the leading E-Mail and Cloud providers in Germany. For the future development of our network cloud platform we are looking for an experienced Load Balancer Engineer. Be a part of a successful engineering team and ensure the reliable operation of a future-proof infrastructure in the classical as well as in the cloud-native world for more than 42 million customers.
- Design, configure and operate network services with focus on load balancing, e.g. F5 LTM/GTM, ASM, SSL Offloading, iRules, etc.
- Configuring and troubleshooting network technologies like BGP, Routing Domains, VLANs, VxLAN, etc.
- Design & implement network infrastructure automation using Ansible and Python.
- Interface between data center and application operations, be the first contact for technical questions, and share your knowledge in internal trainings.
- Detect anomalies and get to the bottom of them - also as a part of our 24/7 on call rotation.
Have you completed a technical degree or are you an enthusiastic Linux pro? Do you have several years of professional experience as a system engineer with a focus on networking / load balancing? Are you eager to learn new technologies and love to continuously develop your professional expertise further? Are you a team player at heart and you like to be hands-on? Then we're looking forward to your application!
- Excellent knowledge in the areas of cloud platform network infrastructure (e.g., Kubernetes networking) and load balancer operations, e.g., appliances such as F5 LTM/GTM.
- Sound experience with L3-Routing, BGP, VxLAN, and familiarity with systems for attack detection and defense on application (WAF) and network layer (DDoS).
- Track record of running and delivering business-critical services out of different data center.
- Structured thinking and able to understand complex environments consisting of local firewalls, network firewalls and network policies.
- Strong communicator in English, actively sharing know-how and enjoy taking on responsibility.