Do you have a passion for Network Engineering and Linux? Do you like to work with modern networking concepts at the application layer and want to make a real difference? Then we are looking for you! WEB.DE and GMX are the leading E-Mail and Cloud providers in Germany. For the future development of our infrastructure platform in the area of L3-L7 networks we are looking for an experienced NetOps engineer. Be a part of a successful system engineering team and ensure the reliable operation of a future-proof infrastructure in the classical as well as in the Kubernetes world for more than 42 million customers.
- Design and be a subject matter expert in the team for the planning and realization of our application networking.
- Evaluate and assess new technologies and products in the areas of loadbalancers, firewalls, DDoS protection, CDNs, and SDNs.
- Create concepts and internal best practices, participate in architecture decisions, and drive projects from conception to go-live.
- Interface between data center and application operations, be the first contact for technical questions, and share your knowledge in internal trainings.
- Detect anomalies and get to the bottom of them - also as a part of our 24/7 on call rotation.
Have you completed a technical degree or are you an enthusiastic Linux pro? Do you have several years of professional experience as a system engineer with a focus on networking? Are you eager to learn new technologies and love to continuously develop your professional expertise further? Are you a team player at heart and you like to be hands-on? Then we're looking forward to your application!
- Excellent knowledge in the areas of L7 load balancing and Content Delivery Networks and the relevant protocols like HTTP, TLS and BGP.
- Sound experience with L3-Routing and VxLAN, and familiarity with systems for attack detection and defense on application (WAF) and network layer (DDoS).
- Expertise with containers and Kubernetes, the corresponding SDN topic and Service Meshes.
- Structured thinking and able to understand complex environments consisting of local firewalls, network firewalls and network policies.
- Strong communicator in English, actively sharing know-how and enjoy taking on responsibility.